- Conducted a Health, nutrition and Food security assessment among children between 6 to 59 months and women of reproductive age in 8 refugee settlements. The survey was conducted in South Western and West Nile refugee settlements of Uganda.
The survey aimed at;
- Measuring the prevalence of acute malnutrition in children aged 6-59 months.
- Measuring the prevalence of stunting in children aged 6-59 months.
- Measuring the prevalence of aaemia in children aged 6-59 months and women of reproductive age between 15-49 years (non-pregnant)
- Determining the coverage of measles vaccination among children aged 6-59 months (or context-specific target group e.g. 9-23 months)
- Determining the coverage of vitamin A supplementation received during the last 6 months among children aged 6-59 months.
- Determining the levels of retrospective crude mortality rates and age specific mortality rates for under-5s in a specific time period.UNWFP FUNDED PROJECT.
2012 to December 2015, AFI partnered with UNWFP to implement Food Basket Monitoring project in Moroto, Napak, Nakapiripirit and Amudat districts targeting beneficiaries of General Food Distribution.
The objectives of food basket monitoring included among others assessing;
- The quantity of food provided to beneficiaries in relation to their entitlements.
- The composition and quality of food basket provided to beneficiaries.
- Levels of satisfaction by beneficiaries in regard to quality and size of food basket
- Perceptions of the beneficiaries of the challenges they meet when receiving food.
- The efficacy of processes such as, physical organization of the distribution and equity issues.
- UNWFP FUNDED PROJECT.
2012 Implemented Early Childhood Development project in Moroto and Napak districts for one month.
WFP/MOH FUNDED SURVEY
Conducted a health and nutrition survey among children between 6 to 59 months and women of reproductive age in Katakwi, and Amuria districts. The survey was funded by WFP /MOH.