Andre Foods International (AFI) is a registered National Non Governmental Organisation (NGO) in Uganda with a broad-based approach to different scientific and humanitarian challenges. AFI provides multi-dimensional solutions to particularly food processing, food security, nutrition, health, WASH, environmental protection and research. The organization has been involved in partnerships with government, industrialists, local clients, as well humanitarian work for international Non-governmental organizations (INGOs) and the UN agencies.
In 2014, Andre Foods International, a Non Governmental organization (NGO) was formed with intent to carry on with the humanitarian operations being implemented by Andre Food Consult. Andre Food Consult, a consultancy firm in nutrition started operations in 2009, with founder members; Dr. Andrew Kiri Amegovu and Dr. Patrick Ogwok.
To have a nation that is free of malnutrition, food secure and clear understanding of proper hygiene and sanitation and caring for environment.
To provide a comprehensive approach in solving community malnutrition and enhancing household capacity in safeguarding against food insecurity and improving the environment of vulnerable groups for sustained growth and development.
The ultimate goal of AFI is to provide sustainable food security and nutrition interventions through community based models to address persistent food insecurity and nutritional deficiencies so as to empower communities and spur development in the long run.
Country Office Staff
- Executive Director_Dr. Andrew Kiri Amegovu
- Programme Coordinator_Dr. Patrick Ogwok
- Programme manager_Patrick Yiga
- Monitoring & Evaluation Officer_Chris Babiiha
- Finance and Administrative officer_Stewart Kiwanuka
- Human Resource Officer_Pearl Komukama
- Procurement Officer_Tom Onzima
- Communications Officer_Richard Oyel
- Finance and Administration_Assistant_Derrick Mbowa
Apart from the head office staff AFI has hundreds of staff working at the sub-offices across Uganda
- Moroto Sub-office is headed by Timothy Chewere
- Nakapiripirit Sub-Office is headed by Fatuma Naigino
- Arua Sub-Office is headed by Emmanuella Mutenyo
- Kiryandongo Sub-Office is headed by Robinah Nannungi
- Boost household income generation through Cash based transfer project.
- Promote and improve food security at house hold and community level.
- Eradicate malnutrition among children 6 to 59 months of age
- Promote breastfeeding and optimal feeding practices for infants and young children.
KARAMOJA OUTPOSTS PER SUB OFFICE SINCE 2012